Multi-Agency Team comprising Primary and Acute NHS Trusts and Unitary Authority
Veritas was commissioned to carry out a top to bottom review of several county wide community health services including the equipment service, Telecare service, independent living centre and the minor adaptions service. The client wanted to ensure that these services all complied with the national initiatives set down in the ‘Transforming Community Equipment Services’ programme as issued by the Department of Health.
The client requested a comprehensive report detailing background information on all the services, financial analysis, risk analysis, options appraisal and recommendations. The report, which had to be presented to the joint board for scrutiny, was then used to undertake necessary changes and plan for the future of the various services
Veritas’ experienced Community Equipment Service specialists adopted a phased approach to the project ensuring consistent opinions on current service provision and future planning were realised.
- On site interaction with the various service delivery teams
- Research and review of existing strategy, procedures and policies
- Individual SWOT Analysis by service
- Study of financial performance
- Stakeholder consultation at all levels of the service (carers, nursing and Allied Health Professionals and Service Managers)
- Research and consultation with service users
- Evaluation of the current service against national initiatives and nearby comparative services
Detailed records of discussions and results were gathered throughout the process which was then used as background reference data for the final report.
Download the full case study here >> Veritas Case Study – Strategic Service Review